What is Aartemis.com?
Aartemis.com is a website which is set automatically as your home page as well as your default search engine, usually without your consent. It is considered to be a dangerous browser hijacker, compromising your privacy and slowing down your computer.
It is very easy to get infected with Aartemis browser add-on. A simple install of some free app found online may bring the infection to your computer. Many freeware programs contain an additional adware bundle such as Aartemis, and the hijacker is checked to install by default in the setup program. This is how the developers of freeware applications monetize their business.
Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers are vulnerable to this infection. Therefore, if you see your home page set to aartemis.com, or your searches are directed to aartemis.com, you have an infection that needs to be eliminated as soon as possible.
How to remove Aartemis.com hijacker?
Automated Aartemis.com removal instructions
The easiest (and recommended) way to get rid of Aartemis from your computer is by using a dedicated anti-spyware application, such as SpyHunter. It can detect and remove all files and registry entries related to the infection, as well as fix your browser.
You can also remove the infection yourself manually, if you know how to deal with system files and registry keys/values. Be aware though, manual removal is done at your own risk, because deleting wrong files may cripple your system.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Aartemis.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Aartemis.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Aartemis.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Aartemis.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if are an experienced computer user.
To remove Aartemis.com from your computer manually, please follow these steps:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "aartemis" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "aartemis" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "aartemis" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "aartemis" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "aartemis.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "aartemis" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Aartemis.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "Aartemis.com" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Aartemis.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.