What is AstroMenda.com?
Astromenda Search is a browser hijacker which disguises itself as a useful browser add-on, to “enhance” your browsing experience. In reality it only serves you with additional advertisements and redirects all searches through astromenda.com. Astromenda hijacker is usually bundled with various freeware applications and is set to install by default. Therefore you may not notice the presence of Astromenda until you open your internet browser to see that your home page and search engine has changed to astromenda.com.
Astromenda affects major internet browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Although it may have an uninstaller app in Windows Control Panel, additional measures need to be taken in order to completely get rid of this nasty infection.
How to remove AstroMenda.com browser hijacker?
Automated AstroMenda.com removal instructions
A dedicated anti-spyware app is highly recommended to completely remove AstroMenda.com, because it will erase all traces of the infection and automatically fix your browser. However, if you consider yourself an experienced computer user, you may also follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from AstroMenda.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect AstroMenda.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove AstroMenda.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual AstroMenda.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete AstroMenda.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “AstroMenda.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “AstroMenda.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “AstroMenda.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “AstroMenda.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “AstroMenda.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “AstroMenda.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “AstroMenda.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “AstroMenda.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing AstroMenda.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.