What is AwesomeHp.com?
If you see awesomehp.com website upon launching your browser, you're most likely infected with a browser hijacker. Not to be mistaken with HP company, AwesomeHp.com is a virus which has only one goal: serve you with unwanted advertisements and report your browsing habits to third party companies.
Infections like AwesomeHp.com usually get installed along with free apps found on legitimate websites. The trick is that people usually do not notice that a checkbox to allow AwesomeHp.com installation is checked by default, when installing that free program one found online. Once it's in your computer, your browser's settings will be altered so that AwesomeHp.com would be loaded upon startup, as well as your search engine changed to the mentioned site.
A regular removal operation will not be enough for AwesomeHp. Even if you uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs (or Software and Features), you will have to manually fix your browser, which could be a difficult task for some. However, there are certain tools that come for help, and you may find them useful.
How to remove AwesomeHp.com hijacker?
Automated AwesomeHp.com removal instructions
We highly recommend an automated removal of AwesomeHp.com, because the dedicated app will take care of everything. On the other hand, you can also take care of the removal process yourself by following our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate AwesomeHp.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect AwesomeHp.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove AwesomeHp.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual AwesomeHp.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you are an experienced computer user.
Please follow these instructions to delete AwesomeHp.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "AwesomeHp" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "AwesomeHp" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "AwesomeHp" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "AwesomeHp" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "AwesomeHp.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "AwesomeHp" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "AwesomeHp.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "AwesomeHp" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing AwesomeHp.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.