What is Browse-Search.com?
If you see browse-search.com website loading up when you start your internet browser, you’re most likely infected with a browser hijacker. Browse-Search.com can infiltrate into Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers and modify their settings to launch its’ website on startup. It may also bring its’ toolbar. What makes Browse-Search.com a dangerous infection is that it may expose your online searches to bring you additional advertisements and annoying pop-ups. It even has an ad each time browse-search.com loads.
Browse-Search.com usually comes bundled with many freeware applications, and is set to install by default. People tend to miss a small checkbox installing their desired app, which automatically injects a new search engine and/or a toolbar. Once the virus is there, it may require some work to get rid of.
How to remove Browse-Search.com hijacker?
Automated Browse-Search.com removal instructions
An automated way to remove Browse-Search.com is highly recommended, because a dedicated app will take care of the virus (as well as any other infections you may have on your PC). On the other hand, you may try to remove Browse-Search.com yourself by following our manual guide below.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Browse-Search.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Browse-Search.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Browse-Search.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Browse-Search.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Browse-Search.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Browse-Search.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Browse-Search.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Browse-Search.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Browse-Search.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Browse-Search.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Browse-Search.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Browse-Search.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Browse-Search.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Browse-Search.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.