What is BuenoSearch?
BuenoSearch is a parasite which hijacks your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, and sets buenosearch.com as your home page and default search engine. While it may seem that BuenoSearch is a legitimate website, in reality it is just another proxy for your web searches and a source of unwanted ads or pop-ups that you would not see otherwise.
A typical way to get infected with BuenoSearch is by downloading some free application found on legitimate websites. There are many freeware, shareware or demo apps which have unwanted apps like BuenoSearch bundled with their installers. That is why people usually notice that their computers are infected only when they see a different page load when they start their browser.
It is essential that you remove BuenoSearch from your browsers because keeping it running will slow down your computer, your searches may be revealed to advertising companies to serve you with even more pop-ups and advertisements.
How to remove BuenoSearch hijacker?
Automated BuenoSearch removal instructions
Automated removal is easiest and safest way to deal with BuenoSearch hijacker. A dedicated app will take care of everything for you. On the other hand, you can fix your computer yourself by following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to completely eliminate BuenoSearch from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect BuenoSearch infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove BuenoSearch hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual BuenoSearch removal instructions
Note: manual instructions are meant for experienced computer users. Improper tampering with system files or registry entries may lead to system corruption.
Please follow these instructions to delete BuenoSearch from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "BuenoSearch" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "BuenoSearch" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "BuenoSearch" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "BuenoSearch" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "BuenoSearch" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove an extension called "BuenoSearch" by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "BuenoSearch" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "BuenoSearch" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing BuenoSearch, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.