What is ConstaSurf?
ConstaSurf is an extremely annoying adware that constantly displays in-page advertisements while you browse the web. ConstaSurf usually displays its’ ads in the bottom of the page and related links’ sidebar in the left (as you can see in the screenshot below). As ConstaSurf installs system-wide (including the service which automatically starts with Windows), all internet browsers will be affected, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera etc.
ConstaSurf adware typically installs along with some popular free programs, such as video and audio converters, YouTube downloads, desktop enhancers or games. What makes it a dangerous infection, is that it is always running in the background as a service and may monitor your online behavior to serve you with seemingly tailored advertisements. The ads may contain additional malware as well, so we highly recommend that you remove ConstaSurf as soon as possible.
How to remove ConstaSurf ads?
Automated ConstaSurf removal instructions
We recommend a dedicated anti-spyware app to completely erase all files related to ConstaSurf adware, as well as fix your browser. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you may follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from ConstaSurf, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect ConstaSurf infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove ConstaSurf ads by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual ConstaSurf removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete ConstaSurf from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “ConstaSurf” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “ConstaSurf” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “ConstaSurf” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “ConstaSurf” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “ConstaSurf” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “ConstaSurf” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “ConstaSurf” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “ConstaSurf” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing ConstaSurf, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.