What is CustomSearchPlus?
CustomSearchPlus, also known as CustomSearch+, is a malicious browser add-on, classified as browser hijacker. It usually alters your browser’s settings to make customsearchplus.com as your home page as well as default search engine. What makes it a potentially unwanted program is that it may track your browsing habits and report gathered data to other companies for marketing purposes eventually displaying numerous pop-ups with advertisements. Its behavior is harmful because the changes made to your browser are without your knowledge and complete removal is not possible with the provided uninstaller app (if provided at all).
You should remove CustomSearchPlus as soon as possible because not only it can track your searches but also your browser’s performance may be significantly impaired, resulting in slower loading of websites. Also, such infections can open a hole to many potential malicious applications such as trojans or viruses.
How to remove CustomSearchPlus browser hijacker?
Automated CustomSearchPlus removal instructions
A dedicated anti-spyware app is highly recommended for a complete removal of CustomSearchPlus.com, because it will erase all traces of the infection and fix your browser automatically. However, if you consider yourself an experienced computer user, you may also follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from CustomSearchPlus, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect CustomSearchPlus infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove CustomSearchPlus browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual CustomSearchPlus removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete CustomSearchPlus from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “CustomSearchPlus” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “CustomSearchPlus” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “CustomSearchPlus” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “CustomSearchPlus” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “CustomSearchPlus” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “CustomSearchPlus” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “CustomSearchPlus” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “CustomSearchPlus” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing CustomSearchPlus, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.