What is Do-Search.com?
Do-Search.com, a close relative of DoSearches.com, is a browser hijacker that has only one goal – serve you with ads while you browse the web. Its' annoying behavior and stealth intrusion into your system makes it an infection that must be eliminated.
Do-Search.com infection affects Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers. The usual way to get infected with Do-Search.com is to install some free app found online. While the app itself may be useful and a legitimate one, they frequently have additional unwanted software in their install packages. This is how the developers behind such apps monetize them, hence they are free.
However, the infection should be removed from your browser immediately because of (and not limited to) the following reasons:
- You will be displayed with unwanted advertisements, that would not be seen on a clean computer
- Due to having an additional add-on, your internet browser will take more time to load and operate
- Your searches online will be redirected through Do-Search.com, which does not guarantee your privacy
How to remove Do-Search.com hijacker?
Automated Do-Search.com removal instructions
The best way to eliminate Do-Search.com from your computer is by using a special software for such malicious applications. SpyHunter is able to completely erase any traces of the infection and fix your browsers automatically, but you can also do so manually by following our instructions below.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Do-Search.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Do-Search.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Do-Search.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Do-Search.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you are an experienced computer user.
Please follow these instructions to delete Do-Search.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "do-search" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "do-search" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "do-search" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "do-search" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Do-Search.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "do-search" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Do-Search.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "do-search" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Do-Search.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.