What is WebSearch.com?
If your browser is loading WebSearch.com upon startup, you are infected with WebSearch browser hijacker. Very similar to another infection WebsSearches.com, it shares many characteristics common to such hijackers:
- It installs into the PC silently without your knowledge and alters your browser’s startup page as well as your default search engine
- Once it’s in your computer, you will notice WebSearch.com loading when you launch your browser
- You may experience an increased number of advertisement pop-ups showing up
- It slows down the browser because it requires additional computer resources to operate
- Your browsing data may be reported to advertising agencies to display more ads while you browse the web
On its’ main page, WebSearch displays sponsored links to various supposedly useful utilities or desktop enhancers. However, we highly recommend NOT to download anything offered by WebSearch as the software may contain additional unwanted browser add-ons, significantly slowing down your PC.
If you use Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browser, it is very likely that the infection has hijacked it. You should definitely get rid of WebSearch to keep your personal data safe.
How to remove WebSearch.com hijacker?
Automated WebSearch.com removal instructions
The use of a certified antispyware application to get rid of WebSearch.com is highly recommended, because the app will erase all associated files and registry entries from your PC, and fix your internet browser as well. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate WebSearch.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect WebSearch.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove WebSearch.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual WebSearch.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete WebSearch.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “WebSearch.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “WebSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “WebSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “WebSearch.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “WebSearch.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “WebSearch.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “WebSearch.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “WebSearch.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing WebSearch.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.