What is Findeer.com?
Findeer.com (can also be shown as search.findeer.com) is a browser hijacker, mostly targeted at Italian internet users. Although it may appear rather trustworthy at first sight, Findeer.com has the characteristics common to most browser hijackers: it uses tricky methods to install itself (via free software installers), modifies your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera) to show its website whenever you load it and makes it difficult to remove without third party tools. Also, the searches that you conduct through your new home page or search bar will be redirected through Findeer.com, which may collect the data and use it for advertising purposes.
We suggest that you eliminate Findeer.com from your PC as soon as possible to keep your computer safe and prevent an identity theft, personal data loss or getting malware installed into your PC.
How to remove Findeer.com hijacker?
Automated Findeer.com removal instructions
Automated removal is highly recommended, because it is a safe and easy way to deal with this hijacker. If you wish to remove Findeer.com manually, scroll down for our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Findeer.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Findeer.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Findeer.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Findeer.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Findeer.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “conduit” or “Findeer.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Findeer.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Findeer.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Findeer.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Findeer.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Findeer.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Findeer.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Findeer” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Findeer.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.