What is Grandburst?
Grandburst targets mostly Google Chrome browser and installs itself as an extension to provide additonal “functionality” to your browser. It sets home.grandburst.com as your new tab page that may display unwanted advertisements or pop-ups. Based on our observation, it significantly slows down opening of new tab, making browser usability cumbersome, to say the least.
We strongly recommend that you remove Grandburst and home.grandburst.com from your browser. This will ensure your searches are not done through some shady third party websites, that could possibly gather your searches or other personal data.
How to remove Grandburst adware?
Automated Grandburst removal instructions
An automated way to remove Grandburst is highly recommended, because a dedicated app will take care of the virus (as well as any other infections you may have on your PC). On the other hand, you may try to remove Grandburst yourself by following our manual guide below.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Grandburst, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Grandburst infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Grandburst hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Grandburst removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Grandburst from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Grandburst” and select “Uninstall”.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Grandburst” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Grandburst” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Grandburst” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Grandburst” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Grandburst” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Grandburst” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Grandburst” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Grandburst, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.