What is Hot-Finder.com?
Hot-Finder.com is nothing but a phony site which imitates a legitimate search engine. It is set as your home page and default search engine by Hot Finder browser hijacker. Once it’s running in your browser, you may notice an increased amount of advertisements and product offers you do not need. Also, all searches that you perform on Hot-Finder.com may be reported to advertising companies that will display even more annoying ads.
Hot-Finder.com may also have its’ toolbar installed, which is completely useless as it performs as a gateway to Hot-Finder.com website, not to mention sponsored links to various online services.
We recommend that you get rid of this hijacker as leaving it running will affect your PC’s performance and your personal data may be exposed. The site may also prompt you to install some freeware application, which may itself be malicious or have unwanted components bundled.
How to remove Hot-Finder.com hijacker?
Automated Hot-Finder.com removal instructions
We recommend a dedicated anti-spyware app to completely erase all files related to Hot-Finder.com hijacker, as well as fix your browser. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you may follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Hot-Finder.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Hot-Finder.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Hot-Finder.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Hot-Finder.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Hot-Finder.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Hot-Finder.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Hot-Finder.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Hot-Finder.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Hot-Finder.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Hot-Finder.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Hot-Finder.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Hot-Finder.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Hot-Finder.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Hot-Finder.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.