What is Best-Found.com?
Best-Found.com is a new member of browser hijackers' family. It's known to hijack your home page and default search engine in your browser, be it Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. To make things worse, it is very difficult to get rid of, even though it may have its' uninstall entry in Windows Control Panel.
Best-Found.com is usually installed silently with some free apps found online. When a person attempts to install the desired freeware or shareware application, one may encounter a screen offering to install a browser toolbar or an add-on, where a checkbox to install it is checked by default. Therefore Best-Found.com will get installed to your PC even if you don't want it to.
This virus should be eliminated from your computer without hesitation, as having one running may lead to endangering your privacy, because your browsing habits could be tracked by companies related to Best-Found.com. Any search phrase that you enter in your browser will go through Best-Found.com, and it may be sold to other companies to serve you with unwanted advertisements. It will also slow down your browser and may bring additional pop-ups, as the hijacker is running whenever your browser is.
How to remove Best-Found.com hijacker?
Automated Best-Found.com removal instructions
We highly recommend an automated removal of Best-Found.com, because the dedicated app will take care of everything. On the other hand, you can also take care of the removal process yourself by following our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Best-Found.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Best-Found.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Best-Found.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Best-Found.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you know what you are doing, because tampering with Windows Registry or system files may lead to your browser's or even system's corruption.
Please follow these instructions to delete Best-Found.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "Best-Found" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "Best-Found" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "Best-Found" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "Best-Found" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Best-Found.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "Best-Found" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Best-Found.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "Best-Found" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Best-Found.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.