What is search.conduit.com?
search.conduit.com comes from a browser hijacker called Conduit Search, and is launched automatically with your internet browser, if you have Conduit Search virus installed in your PC. Once infected with search.conduit.com, you will notice that your searches will be redirected through this website, instead of Google, Bing or whatever you had set before as your default search.
The main goal of this hijacker is to serve you with advertisements and pop-ups, tracking your browsing habits and tailoring the ads to be shown to you. Conduit Search is usually bundled with many freeware, shareware or demo applications that you may find online. Most of the times users won't notice how they get this infection installed, because Conduit Search sets to install automatically whenever they install that free app, unless they pay close attention and uncheck certain checkbox.
Without any doubt, Conduit Search should be removed from your system. However, the removal process might be a tedious task for some, so we provide you with automatic removal instructions, where a dedicated app will take care of the removal for you. If tinkering with system and Windows registry is your thing, you can also remove search.conduit.com yourself by following our manual instructions below in this page.
How to remove search.conduit.com hijacker?
Automated search.conduit.com removal instructions
Automated removal is highly recommended, because it is a safe and easy way to deal with this hijacker. If you wish to remove Conduit Search manually, scroll down to our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate search.conduit.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect search.conduit.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove search.conduit.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual search.conduit.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you know what you are doing, because tampering with Windows Registry or system files may lead to your browser's or even system's corruption.
Please follow these instructions to delete search.conduit.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "conduit" or "Conduit Search" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "conduit" or "Conduit Search" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "conduit" or "Conduit Search" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "conduit" or "Conduit Search" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "search.conduit.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "conduit" or "Conduit Search" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Conduit Search" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "conduit" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing search.conduit.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.