What is Enhanced-Search.com?
Enhanced-Search.com is a browser hijacker which is commonly found in the installers of various freeware utilities or games. It is usually installed without user’s consent. Enhanced-Search.com affects modern browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
What makes Enhanced-Search.com an unwanted browser add-on, is that it serves you with additional advertisements while you browse the web. Like in the screenshot above, the advertisements may be misleading, forcing the user to think one has outdated codecs or plug-ins. In this particular advertisement, you would be directed to the site of some anti-spyware application. What is more, the hijacker modifies your browser’s settings to load its’ website on start-up, and changes the default search engine as well. Enhanced-Search.com should immediately be removed as any searches that you make in this website may be tracked and reported to advertising companies to serve you with more ads and pop-ups.
How to remove Enhanced-Search.com hijacker?
Automated Enhanced-Search.com removal instructions
We recommend that a certified antispyware application, such as SpyHunter, is used to remove Enhanced-Search hijacker. SpyHunter will automatically remove all malicious files residing in your PC as well as fix your browser not to display Enhanced-Search.com anymore. If you do not want to use any software to deal with the infection, and consider yourself an advanced computer user, you can follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Enhanced-Search.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Enhanced-Search.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Enhanced-Search.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Enhanced-Search.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Enhanced-Search.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Enhanced-Search.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Enhanced-Search.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Enhanced-Search.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Enhanced-Search.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Enhanced-Search.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Enhanced-Search.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Enhanced-Search.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Enhanced-Search.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Enhanced-Search.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.