What is Findamo.com?
Findamo is known to be a browser hijacker which infiltrates your computer through various software packages, which may be completely legal and harmless themselves. The problem is that they bundle fishy software or browser add-ons which have no practical use. On the contrary, they, Findamo.com included, change your browser’s settings without your knowledge to load findamo.com on startup and redirect your searches through this website. The problem is that all searches that you conduct may be reported to various advertising companies which will then serve you with numerous unwanted ads while you use the browser.
Most modern browsers are affected by this hijacker, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Even if Findamo may have an uninstaller app, not all files will be removed nor will your prior settings be restored. We highly suggest that you follow our instructions to completely get rid of Findamo hijacker.
How to remove Findamo.com browser hijacker?
Automated Findamo.com removal instructions
A dedicated anti-spyware app is highly recommended to completely remove Findamo.com, because it will erase all traces of the infection and automatically fix your browser. However, if you consider yourself an experienced computer user, you may also follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Findamo.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Findamo.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Findamo.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Findamo.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Findamo.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Findamo.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Findamo.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “Findamo.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Findamo.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Findamo.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Findamo.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Findamo.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Findamo.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Findamo.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.