What is Fissa.com?
Fissa is yet another browser hijacker which modifies your internet browser without your permission and makes it a hassle to get rid of. Once installed, Fissa sets fissa.com as your home page and redirects all searches through this website. In addition, it will display advertisements that you would not see otherwise.
Hijackers like Fissa.com usually come bundled with many free programs found online. While the programs themselves can be completely legitimate, the bundled apps or add-ons are usually classified as potentially unwanted programs (PUP). They use aggressive advertisements and annoying pop-ups to convert computer users into customers. The sites such ads lead to are usually of questionable quality and may bring viruses and other malware into your computer.
Fissa is known to affect most popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. We highly recommend that you get rid of Fissa.com as soon as possible to keep your personal data safe as well as restore your PC’s performance.
How to remove Fissa.com browser hijacker?
Automated Fissa.com removal instructions
We highly recommend that you use a certified anti-spyware application to completely erase all traces of this infection. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can try following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Fissa.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Fissa.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Fissa.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Fissa.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Fissa.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Fissa.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Fissa.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “Fissa.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Fissa.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Fissa.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Fissa.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Fissa.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Fissa.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Fissa.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.