What is FixSearch.info?
FixSearch.info (or websearch.fixsearch.info) is classified as potentially unwanted program and categorized as browser hijacker. The reason why FixSearch.info should be removed from your browsers is that it changes your browser’s settings to load fixsearch.info on browser startup as well as redirect all searches through this website. FixSearch.info is used to boost advertising revenue through in-page advertisements that you constantly see on their webpage. You may also notice an increased number of advertisement pop-ups while using internet browser.
Hijackers like FixSearch.info are commonly found in popular free apps’ installers. The trick is that an “add-on” is either pre-selected to install, or you are presented with a license agreement during the installation which in reality is an agreement to install FixSearch.info into your computer. Therefore, pay a close attention whenever you install any app, and make sure you don’t install any apps that you know nothing about.
FixSearch.info affects all modern browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Also, the hijacker may inject its’ URL into your desktop shortcuts to load fixsearch.info whenever you open your browser.
How to remove FixSearch.info hijacker?
Automated FixSearch.info removal instructions
The best way to eliminate FixSearch.info from your computer is by using a special software for such malicious applications. SpyHunter is able to completely erase any traces of the infection and fix your browsers automatically, but you can also do so manually by following our instructions below.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate FixSearch.info from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect FixSearch.info infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove FixSearch.info hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual FixSearch.info removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you are an experienced computer user.
Please follow these instructions to delete FixSearch.info from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “FixSearch” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “FixSearch” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “FixSearch” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “FixSearch” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “FixSearch.info” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “FixSearch” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “FixSearch.info” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “FixSearch” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing FixSearch.info, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.