What is Gol Search?
Gol Search (golsearch.com) is a dangerous browser hijacker which is known to be very intrusive and annoying. The malicious “add-on” installs into most popular internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and changes home page and default search engine to golsearch.com. From then on, all searches are redirected through golsearch.com, which not only may report your searches to advertising companies, but will display unwanted and annoying advertisements or even pop-ups.
We highly suggest that you get rid of Gol Search hijacker immediately, because leaving it running in your computer may expose your personal browsing data and slow down your computer.
How to remove Gol Search hijacker?
Automated Gol Search removal instructions
A certified software is highly recommended to completely erase the hijacker automatically, without having you deal with system files and Windows Registry. It will also fix your browser to no longer show Gol Search upon launching it. However, you can also get rid of Gol Search yourself by following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Gol Search from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Gol Search infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Gol Search hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Gol Search removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Gol Search from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Gol Search” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Gol Search” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Gol Search” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Gol Search” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Gol Search” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Gol Search” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Gol Search” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Gol Search” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Gol Search, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.