What is Govome.com?
Govome is a browser hijacker, which infiltrates to your computer along with certain legitimate free or shareware applications that you install. The trick is that such applications have a sponsored "add-on" in the setup program, which is set to install by default. Once installed, you will notice a change of your homepage as well as your default search engine, which will be Govome.com.
While Govome.com website is not malicious itself, it will display unwanted ads and may bring you pop-ups while you search anything online. Also, your browsing habits may be tracked and sold to third party advertising companies.
Govome hijacker should definitely be removed from your computer, and while it may have an uninstall app in Control Panel, it will not get rid of all traces of Govome.com. Also, your home page and search engine will need to be reset manually.
How to remove Govome.com hijacker?
Automated Govome.com removal instructions
We highly recommend an automated removal of Govome.com, because the dedicated app will take care of everything. On the other hand, you can also take care of the removal process yourself by following our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Govome.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Govome.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Govome.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Govome.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you are an experienced computer user.
Please follow these instructions to delete Govome.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "Govome" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "Govome" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "Govome" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "Govome" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Govome.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "Govome" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Govome.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "Govome" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Govome.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.