What is Istart123.com?
Istart123.com is a very aggressive browser hijacker which, once installed, may be difficult to get rid of. It comes bundled with various free apps and is set to install by default, unless you uncheck some small checkbox during the installation. Once in your system, istart123.com is set as your home page as well as default search engine. All your searches are then redirected through this website and may be reported to third party companies to serve you with unwanted advertisements.
The hijacker affects all modern browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is very important to immediately remove istart123.com from your PC as the hijacker is constantly running in your system and slowing down your browsing performance, not to mention the risk of your personal data loss.
How to remove Istart123.com browser hijacker?
Automated Istart123.com removal instructions
We highly recommend that you use a certified anti-spyware application to completely erase all traces of this infection. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can try following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Istart123.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Istart123.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Istart123.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Istart123.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Istart123.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Istart123.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Istart123.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “Istart123.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Istart123.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Istart123.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Istart123.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Istart123.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Istart123.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Istart123.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.