What is LuckySearches.com?
If you started seeing more pop-up ads or your home page replaced with a fishy search engine, it’s probably due to LuckySearches infection. LuckySearches.com is a browser hijacker known to change your browser’s settings, including your home page and default search engine (that you conduct from the searchbar).
LuckySearches.com and the likes are usually not considered viruses, therefore many popular software download websites have apps bundled with LuckySearches. This is how they monetize the sites as well as the software they contain, thus keeping them free. The hijacker is using a tricky technique that asks you whether you accept installation of third party software, when installing your desided program. Many users tend to believe that third party software is required for a proper functionality of the program they intend to install. Even worse, many users usually click on each “Accept” button without even looking what they’re actually accepting. And this is how you open doors to infections such as LuckySearches.
The reason why LuckySearches should be removed from your computer as soon as possible is that its’ browser components can bring advertisements linking to really harmful software, like trojans, viruses, keyloggers etc. Also, your browser’s performance will be likely degraded, since LuckySearches has to operate in computer memory. Any software that uses deceptive methods to get installed into computer and modify its’ settings should be get rid of as soon as possible.
How to remove LuckySearches.com browser hijacker?
Automated LuckySearches.com removal instructions
We highly recommend that you use a certified anti-spyware application to completely erase all traces of this infection. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can try following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from LuckySearches.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect LuckySearches.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove LuckySearches.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual LuckySearches.com removal instructions
Note: we only recommend manual removal to computer professionals, as incorrect proceeding with these steps below may render your computer useless.
Please follow these instructions to delete LuckySearches.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “LuckySearches” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “LuckySearches” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “LuckySearches” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
- Check Internet Explorer’s desktop and taskbar shortcuts by right-clicking on them and selecting “Properties”. Check the target field. It should only contain the path to Internet Explorer and nothing else. If you see an address of some website, delete it and click OK to save the shortcut.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “LuckySearches” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “LuckySearches” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
- Check Google Chrome’s desktop and taskbar shortcuts by right-clicking on them and selecting “Properties”. Check the target field. It should only contain the path to Google Chrome and nothing else. If you see an address of some website, delete it and click OK to save the shortcut.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “LuckySearches” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
- Check Mozilla Firefox’s desktop and taskbar shortcuts by right-clicking on them and selecting “Properties”. Check the target field. It should only contain the path to Mozilla Firefox and nothing else. If you see an address of some website, delete it and click OK to save the shortcut.
Delete “LuckySearches” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “LuckySearches” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing LuckySearches, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.