What is MySearch.com?
If you constantly see mysearch.com website popping up in your browser, it’s quite likely you’re infected with yet another browser hijacker. Like most other browser hijackers, it can come bundled with various software applications, especially free ones, easily found on the web. MySearch is known to be very invasive, as it’s set to be installed by default in software or game installers that you have downloaded. Most users don’t notice the additional unwanted software they’ll be getting, and even if they do, it can be tricky to prevent the malware from being installed.
Once on your computer, the hijacker can alter your browser, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. The following behaviours can be applied to MySearch.com browser hijacker:
- Homepage set to mysearch.com
- Default search engine set to mysearch.com
- Increased amounts of advertisement shown on pages
- Slower browser performance than usual
Our suggestion is that you remove MySearch.com from your computer as soon as possible.
How to remove MySearch.com browser hijacker?
Automated MySearch.com removal instructions
A dedicated anti-spyware app is highly recommended to completely remove MySearch.com, because it will erase all traces of the infection and automatically fix your browser. However, if you consider yourself an experienced computer user, you may also follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from MySearch.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect MySearch.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove MySearch.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual MySearch.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete MySearch.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “MySearch.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “MySearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “MySearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “MySearch.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “MySearch.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “MySearch.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “MySearch.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “MySearch.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing MySearch.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.