What is MySearchs.com (start.mysearchs.com)?
MySearchs is a browser hijacker that sets mysearchs.com or start.mysearchs.com as your home page and your default search engine on all internet browsers you have installed. It belongs to Babylon toolbars family and may even show a Babylon logo on their page. Like Babylon toolbar, MySearchs.com is considered a dangerous browser add-on and should be removed without hesitation.
Browser hijackers like MySearchs.com are frequently bundled with popular freeware applications and are set to install by default. Another trick such hijackers use is a license agreement when you are installing that free app downloaded on the net. Once you click “Agree”, you give the permission to install MySearchs.com into your PC, so pay a very close attention to such agreements and click “Disagree” whenever you see a different app mentioned in it. You would still be able to install that app you wanted, sans that unwanted browser add-on.
We strongly suggest that you remove MySearchs from your PC as soon as possible. While running, the hijacker constantly displays advertisements either in pages you browse, or in pop-ups. Also, all your searches are performed through start.mysearchs.com and the data may be collected by advertising companies or even cyber criminals.
How to remove MySearchs.com browser hijacker?
Automated MySearchs.com removal instructions
A dedicated anti-spyware app is highly recommended to completely remove MySearchs.com, because it will erase all traces of the infection and automatically fix your browser. However, if you consider yourself an experienced computer user, you may also follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from MySearchs.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect MySearchs.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove MySearchs.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual MySearchs.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete MySearchs.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “MySearchs.com” or “Babylon Search” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing MySearchs.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.