What is NationZoom.com?
NationZoom.com is considered to be a browser hijacker, which usually infiltrates to your computer through various freeware or shareware programs. The common behavior for such hijackers is to replace your home page with its' own and make NationZoom.com as your default search engine.
The website itself contains advertisements as well as sponsored links that would otherwise not be shown when using a well-known search engine, such as Google.com or Bing.com. NationZoom.com is a potentially unwanted program which takes quite a few steps to manually remove.
Nation Zoom infects most popular browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Not only it will slow down your internet browser, but it may expose your personal browsing habits, i.e. everything that you search on NationZoom.com could be tracked by third-party companies.
We strongly recommend that you delete Nation Zoom from your computer as soon as possible by following either our automated instructions, or manual instructions below.
How to remove NationZoom.com hijacker?
Automated NationZoom.com removal instructions
The best way to eliminate NationZoom.com from your computer is by using a special software for such malicious applications. SpyHunter is able to completely erase any traces of the infection and fix your browsers automatically, but you can also do so manually by following our instructions below.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate NationZoom.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect NationZoom.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove NationZoom.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual NationZoom.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if are an experienced computer user.
Please follow these instructions to delete NationZoom from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "nationzoom" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "nationzoom" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "nationzoom" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "nationzoom" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "NationZoom.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "nationzoom" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "NationZoom.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "NationZoom.com" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing NationZoom.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.