What is PC Defender Plus?
PC Defender Plus is a fake antispyware application which performs a fake malware scan and displays lots of false security alerts. Its' main purpose is to scare you that your computer is infected and force you to pay money to unlock PC Defender Plus. However, none of these false alerts are real and you will definitely lose your money if you try to follow any messages, displayed by PC Defender Plus.
When PC Defender Plus is running on your system, you may notice the following behaviour:
- The main window of PC Defender Plus is constantly displayed with antispyware scan in progress or the results of antispyware scan
- In System Tray (near the clock) you see an icon of PC Defender Plus as well as a notification bubble popping up from time to time telling that your system is in danger
- You see malicious websites disguised as well-known websites such as google.com or msn.com;
- Your computer performance has slowed down.
We highly recommend that you remove PC Defender Plus immediately either manually or by using a reputable antispyware application. You can find PC Defender Plus removal instructions below.
How to remove PC Defender Plus Virus?
Automated PC Defender Plus removal instructions
- Restart your computer into Safe Mode:
- Windows XP only: when your computer is started, open Start menu, select "Run". If you don't see "Run" item there, pressing WIN+R key kombination on your keyboard might help. In the Run window type "msconfig" (without quotes), hit ENTER. Switch to Startup tab and click "Disable All" button. Restart your PC into normal mode.
Download SpyHunter to remove PC Defender Plus:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the installed file and follow the on-screen instructions.
PC Defender Plus Removal Video Guide
Manual PC Defender Plus removal instructions
Note: manual PC Defender Plus removal is recommended to experienced computer users only.
In order to remove PC Defender Plus from your computer, do the following:
Stop the following PC Defender Plus processes (refer to our guide how to use Windows Task Manager to kill any malicious process):
Remove the following PC Defender Plus files from your system:
- %ProgramFiles%\PC Defender Plus\Remove PC Defender Plus.lnk
Please note that by following the steps above, only core PC Defender Plus files and starting points will be removed. We highly recommend an automated removal, because SpyHunter can also kill and delete all processes and files related to PC Defender Plus virus. It also features a proactive protection to prevent any further attacks against your computer.