What is Plus HD?
Plus-HD is an unwanted computer program categorized as adware. Users usually do not notice the presence of Plus HD until they start seeing additional ads while browsing certain websites, mostly shopping sites. Although Plus HD advertises itself as a YouTube helper turning regular videos into HD videos by default, what it really does is track your browsing habits and later on display annoying pop-ups with advertisements.
Plus HD automatically installs into most popular web browsers – Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Not only it tracks your browsing habits, but it also slows down your browser, as it is running in computer memory whenever your browser is.
Plus HD is developed by a company called Kimahri Software Inc., which is known for many adware apps, such as Freeven Pro, Messenger Plus! etc. We highly recommend that you remove Plus HD from your computer.
How to remove Plus HD adware?
Although you can get rid of Plus HD manually, it involves modifying Windows Registry and system files, therefore it is recommended that you use a certified application to take care of the removal process for you.
Automated Plus HD removal instructions
To download SpyHunter to completely eliminate Plus HD from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Plus HD infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Plus HD adware by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Plus HD removal instructions
Note: manual instructions are meant for experienced computer users. Improper tampering with system files or registry entries may lead to system corruption.
Please follow these instructions to delete Plus HD from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "Plus HD" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "Plus-HD" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "Plus-HD" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "Plus-HD" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Plus-HD" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove an extension called "Plus-HD" by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Plus-HD" folders from these locations:
Remove the following Plus HD registry keys:
Should you have any problems removing Plus HD, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.