What is PortalDoSites?
If you see portaldosites.com popping up whenever you launch your browser, your computer is infected with PortalDoSites virus. Considered as a browser hijacker, it replaces the home page and search engine to portaldosites.com.
PortalDoSites installs into your computer through various freeware and shareware applications, where an option to install the browser add-on is set as default. App developers usually monetize their free apps by injecting a third party advertising add-on into the installation package. Most users don't notice that they'll get an unwanted add-on upon installing their desired program.
We highly recommend that you remove PortalDoSites from your browsers and computer as soon as possible.
How to remove PortalDoSites hijacker?
Automated PortalDoSites removal instructions
Automated removal is highly recommended, because it is a safe and easy way to deal with this hijacker. If you wish to remove PortalDoSites manually, scroll down for our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate PortalDoSites from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect PortalDoSites infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove PortalDoSites hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual PortalDoSites removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser's settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete PortalDoSites from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "conduit" or "PortalDoSites" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "PortalDoSites" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "conduit" or "PortalDoSites" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "PortalDoSites" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "PortalDoSites" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "PortalDoSites" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "PortalDoSites" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "PortalDoSites" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing PortalDoSites, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.