What is SearchAndFly.info?
If searchandfly.info website pops up when starting up your internet browser, you’re most likely infected with a browser hijacker. It is a very typical hijacker: it is bundled and is set to install by default along with many programs and games. Once installed, it changes your home page to searchandfly.info (or websearch.searchandfly.info) and redirects your searches through this website (although you may notice that the results are displayed by Google).
Having this hijacker running in your PC opens the possibilities of getting other infections installed, including viruses, trojans, keyloggers. Although searchandfly.info is not considered a virus, its behavior is definitely harmful, as it displays numerous advertisements and annoying pop-ups, as well as your searches may be tracked by advertising companies or even cyber criminals. We highly recommend an immediate removal of searchandfly.info, and all files of the infection must be deleted to prevent the hijacker from recovering. Therefore please follow our guide carefully to remove the hijacker.
How to remove SearchAndFly.info browser hijacker?
Automated SearchAndFly.info removal instructions
We highly recommend that you use a certified anti-spyware application to completely erase all traces of this infection. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can try following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from SearchAndFly.info, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect SearchAndFly.info infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove SearchAndFly.info browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual SearchAndFly.info removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete SearchAndFly.info from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “SearchAndFly.info” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “SearchAndFly.info” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “SearchAndFly.info” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “SearchAndFly.info” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “SearchAndFly.info” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “SearchAndFly.info” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “SearchAndFly.info” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “SearchAndFly.info” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing SearchAndFly.info, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.