What is SearchShock.com?
SearchShock.com is a known browser hijacker, which pretends to be a useful browser add-on. However, it is nothing more than a junk which sets searchshock.com as your home page without you knowing it. It may also modify your search engine to its own, resulting in redirected searches which are then tracked and may be reported to advertising companies to provide you with more annoying advertisements.
Browser hijackers such as SearchShock are typically bundled with various apps found online. Whenever you install such app, a browser add-on (or even more unwanted apps) are pre-selected for installation, resulting in a bunch of junk residing in your system. Modern browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are affected by SearchShock, and it does not have a unified removal app, making you tamper with your system files or relying on third party tools to get everything removed.
How to remove SearchShock.com browser hijacker?
Automated SearchShock.com removal instructions
A dedicated anti-spyware app is highly recommended to completely remove SearchShock.com, because it will erase all traces of the infection and automatically fix your browser. However, if you consider yourself an experienced computer user, you may also follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from SearchShock.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect SearchShock.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove SearchShock.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual SearchShock.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete SearchShock.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “SearchShock.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “SearchShock.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “SearchShock.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “SearchShock.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “SearchShock.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “SearchShock.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “SearchShock.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “SearchShock.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing SearchShock.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.