What is Start-Search.com?
Start-Search.com is yet another browser hijacker, which has an extremely annoying behavior: it modifies your browser to load start-search.com on startup and redirects all your searches through this website. Your search habits may be in danger due to the fact that the data might be reported to advertising companies which display advertisements according to the data gathered.
Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers are affected by this hijacker and it may also bring its’ own toolbar, which only occupies useful screen real estate and may bring unwanted pop-up windows with advertisements. The site itself always loads an advertisement, and naturally that slows down your browser.
Although Start-Search.com may have its’ uninstall entry in Windows Control Panel, it will not completely remove all related files, nor it will fix your internet browser.
How to remove Start-Search.com hijacker?
Automated Start-Search.com removal instructions
We recommend a dedicated anti-spyware app to completely erase all files related to Start-Search.com hijacker, as well as fix your browser. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you may follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Start-Search.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Start-Search.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Start-Search.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Start-Search.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Start-Search.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Start-Search.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Start-Search.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Start-Search.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Start-Search.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Start-Search.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Start-Search.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Start-Search.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Start-Search.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Start-Search.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.