What is Torcho.com?
Torcho.com is the latest web browser hijacker which modifies your browser to launch torcho.com on startup and redirect your searches through torcho.com search engine. Torcho will display annoying advertisements and pop-ups while you conduct your searches through the hijacker. It affects modern internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
The common way to get infected with Torcho virus is by installing some freeware or shareware application which has Torcho bundled with its’ installer. Such apps are typically video/audio converters, YouTube downloaders or many PC games that are benefiting of having third party programs or add-ons installed along. Once in your PC, Torcho.com may be a hassle to get rid of. It may have an uninstaller app in Control Panel, however, it won’t fix your browser without having you to do additional steps.
It is important that you remove Torcho hijacker from your PC because your personal data may be at risk, not to mention the fact that your internet bandwidth is used to show unwanted advertisements or pop-ups.
How to remove Torcho.com hijacker?
Automated Torcho.com removal instructions
We recommend that a certified antispyware application, such as SpyHunter, is used to remove Torcho hijacker. SpyHunter will automatically remove all malicious files residing in your PC as well as fix your browser not to display Torcho.com anymore. If you do not want to use any software to deal with the infection, and consider yourself an advanced computer user, you can follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Torcho.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Torcho.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Torcho.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Torcho.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Torcho.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Torcho.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Torcho.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Torcho.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Torcho.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Torcho.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Torcho.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Torcho.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Torcho.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Torcho.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.