What is Zoo Search?
Zoo Search is yet another browser hijacker which sets itself to display automatically upon launching your internet browser, be it Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The website itself may be isearch.zoo.com or just zoo.com and it has only one purpose – serve you with ads and provide you with "relevant" products while you search anything on the site.
The most common way for this hijacker to infect your computer is by automatically installing along some free or shareware programs found online. The installation of the search engine is done silently and you may only notice being infected only when you re-launch your browser.
Although it may have it's uninstall entry in the control panel (you should try this method first), the search engine may still be stuck on your browser, therefore requiring an additional steps to completely get rid of Zoo Search.
How to remove Zoo Search hijacker?
Automated Zoo Search removal instructions
We highly suggest that you use a dedicated software suite to get rid of this nasty infection, but you can always perform a manual removal by following our manual removal guide down in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Zoo Search from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Zoo Search infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Zoo Search hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Zoo Search removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser's settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Zoo Search from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "Zoo Search" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "Zoo Search" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "Zoo Search" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "Zoo Search" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Zoo Search" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "Zoo Search" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Zoo Search" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "Zoo Search" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Zoo Search, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.