What is Key-Find.com?
Key-Find.com is a website related to the Key Find browser hijacker. Once the hijacker is on your PC, it will set key-find.com as your browser's home page as well as default search engine, usually without your authorization. All searches are then redirected through key-find.com instead of your preferred search engine.
The hijacker is often bundled with popular freeware applications, such as video converters, YouTube downloaders etc. When you attempt to install such application, the installer will have Key-Find.com pre-selected to automatically install along with the app.
It is very important to have your browser free of such hijackers, because your browsing habits can be reported to third party companies, which will then serve you with customized ads while you browse the web.
How to remove Key-Find.com hijacker?
Automated Key-Find.com removal instructions
Even if there might be a dedicated uninstall entry of Key-Find.com in Windows Control Panel, some traces of the hijacker will still be intact upon uninstallation. We recommend that you use a reputable anti-spyware application to get rid of the infection.
To download SpyHunter to completely eliminate Key-Find.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Key-Find.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Key-Find.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Key-Find.com removal instructions
Note: manual instructions are meant for experienced computer users. Improper tampering with system files or registry entries may lead to system corruption.
Please follow these instructions to delete Key-Find.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "Key-Find.com" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "Key-Find.com" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "Key-Find.com" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "Key-Find.com" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Key-Find.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove an extension called "Key Find" by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Key-Find.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "Key-Find.com" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Key-Find.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.