What is LinkSwift?
LinkSwift is extremely annoying and dangerous adware which is installed automatically by many software downloaders. Once infected, you will certainly notice an increased number of advertisements and pop-ups while you browse the web. The advertisements which go under the name of “LinkSwift ads” or “Powered by LinkSwift” are usually very aggressive, showing you flashing dialog windows or congratulating you for allegedly winning a mobile phone. Some ads even go further by automatically downloading software upon hovering a mouse cursor.
It is very important that you eliminate LinkSwift and all traces of this adware because keeping it running in your system will significantly increase the chance of getting your PC infected with malicious applications. Also, the adware may track your browsing habits to tailor the advertisements specifically for you. The gathered data may be reported to third party companies or even cyber criminals to lure money out of you.
How to remove LinkSwift browser hijacker?
Automated LinkSwift removal instructions
We highly recommend that you use a certified anti-spyware application to completely erase all traces of this infection. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can try following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from LinkSwift, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect LinkSwift infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove LinkSwift browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual LinkSwift removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete LinkSwift from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “LinkSwift” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “LinkSwift” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “LinkSwift” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “LinkSwift” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “LinkSwift” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “LinkSwift” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “LinkSwift” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “LinkSwift” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing LinkSwift, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.