What is MaskSearch.com?
MaskSearch is yet another browser hijacker, known to modify your browser’s settings without your knowledge:
- It can change your home page to masksearch.com, so it will immediately pop-up when you open your browser;
- It can replace your main search engine to masksearch.com, therefore all searches will be conducted through the mentioned site;
- It can display unwanted advertisements while you browse the web.
All major browsers are affected, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera. MaskSearch may advertise itself as a useful add-on, however, it is nothing but another risk for your personal data and the cause of a poorer computer performance.
How to remove MaskSearch.com hijacker?
Automated MaskSearch.com removal instructions
A certified software is highly recommended to completely erase the hijacker automatically, without having you deal with system files and Windows Registry. It will also fix your browser to no longer show MaskSearch.com upon launching it. However, you can also get rid of MaskSearch.com yourself by following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate MaskSearch.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect MaskSearch.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove MaskSearch.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual MaskSearch.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete MaskSearch.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “MaskSearch.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “MaskSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “MaskSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “MaskSearch.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “MaskSearch.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “MaskSearch.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “MaskSearch.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “MaskSearch.com” and remove them.
To make sure all traces of the infection are gone, we strongly recommend that you scan your computer with SpyHunter. The scan is completely free, however, to have all detected infections removed (if there are any), you’d have to purchase the license.
Should you have any problems removing MaskSearch.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.