What is Max-Start.com?
Max Start is a virus which is known to hijack your internet browser and modify your home page and search engine to max-start.com, usually without your authorization. It can hijack the most popular internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once it’s in your PC, Max-Start.com will constantly display additional advertisements and pop-ups. Everything that you search through max-start.com website or your browser’s search bar may be tracked by advertising companies, to serve you with even more annoying ads.
It is very important to remove Max Start hijacker from your browser because having it running will slow down the browsing experience as well as may bring additional malware to your computer. Although it may have an uninstaller app in Control Panel, additional steps are needed to completely erase the infection.
How to remove Max-Start.com hijacker?
Automated Max-Start.com removal instructions
You can easily remove Max-Start.com using a dedicated anti-spyware application, which will not only get rid of the infection’s files, but it will also fix your browser to no longer show the unwanted page when you load your browser or conduct any searches in it. You may also remove the infection manually using our manual removal guide if you are an experienced computer user, because tampering with important system files or registry keys may lead to system corruption.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Max-Start.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Max-Start.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Max-Start.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Max-Start.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Max-Start.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Max-Start.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Max-Start.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Max-Start.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Max-Start.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Max-Start.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Max-Start.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Max-Start.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Max-Start.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Max-Start.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.