What is MySearchDial?
MySearchDial is a nasty browser infection which is known to modify browser’s settings without user’s consent. If you see mysearchdial.com load upon starting your internet browser, you’re definitely infected with this hijacker. Most modern internet browsers are affected by MySearchDial, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
MySearchDial advertises istelf as a useful browser add-on, replacing browser’s default new tab page with its’ own, mimicking the functionality found in Opera or Safari browsers. However, it is a primary source of a significant slow-down while launching or using the browser.
What makes MySearchDial toolbar a dangerous parasite, is that it is constantly tracking your behavior while you search online, and the accumulated data is then reported to advertising companies which consequently serve you with unwanted advertisements or pop-ups. Not only this “add-on” will slow down your internet browser, but your privacy may be at risk. Therefore, we highly suggest that you get rid of this infection as soon as possible.
How to remove MySearchDial hijacker?
Automated MySearchDial removal instructions
Automated removal is highly recommended, because it is a safe and easy way to deal with this hijacker. If you wish to remove MySearchDial manually, scroll down for our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate MySearchDial from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect MySearchDial infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove MySearchDial hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual MySearchDial removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete MySearchDial from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “MySearchDial” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “MySearchDial” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “MySearchDial” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “MySearchDial” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “MySearchDial” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “MySearchDial” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “MySearchDial” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “MySearchDial” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing MySearchDial, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.