What is Quick-Seeker.com?
Quick-Seeker.com is a website related to the Quick Seeker browser hijacker. Once infected, the internet browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) will display quick-seeker.com upon each launch, and all your searches will be performed on quick-seeker.com, instead of your prefered search engine (i.e. Google.com).
The hijacker is known to display additional advertisements while browsing the web, thus slowing down your browser application. In addition, your browsing habits may be reported to and gathered by third party companies, as it is very common among such infections.
If you see Quick-Seeker.com on your browser, your computer is most likely infected with the hijacker. Usually many free programs are bundled with adware such as Quick Seeker, which is installed by default, unless you uncheck certain checkboxes during the installation process.
How to remove Quick-Seeker.com hijacker?
Automated Quick-Seeker.com removal instructions
We highly recommend an automated removal of Quick-Seeker.com, because the dedicated app will take care of everything. On the other hand, you can also take care of the removal process yourself by following our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Quick-Seeker.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Quick-Seeker.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Quick-Seeker.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Quick-Seeker.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you are an experienced computer user.
Please follow these instructions to delete Quick-Seeker.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "quick-seeker" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "quick-seeker" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "quick-seeker" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "quick-seeker" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Quick-Seeker.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "quick-seeker" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Quick-Seeker.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "quick-seeker" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Quick-Seeker.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.