What is RebateInformer?
If you frequently download apps from the Internet, you may notice some addons, such as RebateInformer, having been installed into your browser. While it may seem a helpful companion for online shoppers, it is nothing but another adware running on your PC and is likely collecting your browsing data to serve you with "useful" rebates or, in other words, ads.
RebateInformer usually comes along with "Inbox.com" search engine and start page, which you may not want to have, and it's most likely installed without your consent. If you really wish to save some money shopping in retail or online stores, you should rather check their website – rebateblast.com. However, any add-ons from them are considerend a dangerous privacy risk, hence should be removed from your computer.
How to remove RebateInformer (or inbox.com) hijacker?
Automated RebateInformer removal instructions
Automated removal is highly recommended, because it is a safe and easy way to deal with this hijacker. If you wish to remove RebateInformer manually, scroll down for our manual instructions.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate RebateInformer from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect RebateInformer infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove RebateInformer hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual RebateInformer removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser's settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete RebateInformer from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "RebateInformer" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "RebateInformer" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "RebateInformer" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "RebateInformer" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "RebateInformer" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove an extension called "Rebate Informer Firefox" by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Stop the following "RebateInformer" process (read our guide how to stop any running process):
Delete "RebateInformer" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "RebateInformer" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing RebateInformer, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.