What is Rocket-Find.com?
Rocket-Find.com, also named Rocket Search, is a malicious browser hijacker, whose purpose is to display additional advertisements and promoting various products while browsing the web. What makes Rocket Find an unwanted software application, is the intrusive and annoying behavior.
Rocket-Find.com is usually installed through various software applications, which bundle third party adware to gain revenue. The adware is set to install by default and changes browser’s settings so that it would load rocket-find.com on startup and redirect searches through its’ website. Modern browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are affected by this hijacker.
Removal of Rocket Find (Rocket Search) is highly recommended because the hijacker may monitor your browsing habits and tailor the advertisements shown either in websites or in annoying pop-ups. Naturally, it also slows down your browser because the add-on requires additional computer resources to run.
How to remove Rocket-Find.com hijacker?
Automated Rocket-Find.com removal instructions
You can easily remove Rocket-Find.com using a dedicated anti-spyware application, which will not only get rid of the infection’s files, but it will also fix your browser to no longer show the unwanted page when you load your browser or conduct any searches in it. You may also remove the infection manually using our manual removal guide if you are an experienced computer user, because tampering with important system files or registry keys may lead to system corruption.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Rocket-Find.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Rocket-Find.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Rocket-Find.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Rocket-Find.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Rocket-Find.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Rocket-Find.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Rocket-Find.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Rocket-Find.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Rocket-Find.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Rocket-Find.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Rocket-Find.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Rocket-Find.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Rocket-Find.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Rocket-Find.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.