What is FindWide?
Findwide is a browser hijacker which affects most modern web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. FindWide is associated with search.findwide.com and findwide.com websites, which both may appear in your browser when you start it or when you try to search anything in it. What makes it an unwanted parasite is that your browsing behavior may be exposed to third party companies, related to advertising online, and therefore bring you more relevant ads.
FindWide hijacker is known to be installed along with completely legitimate applications found online. This is how the developers behind such applications monetize them – by bundling certain adware programs such as FindWide and setting the checkbox to install the toolbar or search engine by default.
We highly recommend that you remove FindWide from your computer. It can be removed either automatically by using a certified application (recommended) or manually, if you consider yourself an advanced computer user. Both instructions can be found below.
How to remove FindWide hijacker?
Automated FindWide removal instructions
To download SpyHunter to completely eliminate FindWide from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect FindWide infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove FindWide hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual FindWide removal instructions
Note: manual instructions are meant for experienced computer users. Improper tampering with system files or registry entries may lead to system corruption.
Please follow these instructions to delete FindWide from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "FindWide" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "FindWide" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "FindWide" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "FindWide" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "FindWide" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove an extension called "FindWide" by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "FindWide" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "FindWide" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing FindWide, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.