What is SearchBrowsing.com?
SearchBrowsing.com belongs to a browser hijacker which changes your browser’s home page and default search engine to searchbrowsing.com. Once installed, all searches conducted via browser’s search bar will be directed through this website, which displays more advertisements than most regular search engines. Also, the search phrases may be gathered and tracked by fishy companies which may use the data to display even more advertisements according to your browsing behavior.
Although SearchBrowsing may have its uninstaller app in Windows Control Panel, not all files will be removed by it, not to mention fixing your browser to prior state. We highly suggest that you follow our guide to get rid of this hijacker, either by using an antispyware app to take care of the removal process for you, or by manually removing files and registry keys to completely erase the infection.
How to remove SearchBrowsing.com browser hijacker?
Automated SearchBrowsing.com removal instructions
We highly recommend that you use a certified anti-spyware application to completely erase all traces of this infection. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can try following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from SearchBrowsing.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect SearchBrowsing.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove SearchBrowsing.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual SearchBrowsing.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete SearchBrowsing.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “SearchBrowsing.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “SearchBrowsing.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “SearchBrowsing.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “SearchBrowsing.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “SearchBrowsing.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “SearchBrowsing.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “SearchBrowsing.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “SearchBrowsing.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing SearchBrowsing.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.