What is Snap.do Virus?
Snap.do is a dangerous browser hijacker which alters your homepage and search engine to snap.do or search.snapdo.com without your consent. There are two major problems that you will encounter while having Snap.do running on your computer:
- You will be shown with an annoying advertisements which would not be shown otherwise, if Snap.do was not installed
- Your search and browsing habits are tracked by a dubious company
- Your browser will be significantly slower since Snap.do's toolbar is actively running in it
- Your internet browser is more likely to crash due to infections such as Snap.do
Snap.do hijacker comes from a questionable company called Resoft Ltd. Not much information about the company is disclosed on the website, which also raises the red flag. Therefore, we highly recommend that you get rid of the virus as soon as possible.
How to remove Snap.do virus?
Automated Snap.do removal instructions
Although an automated removal method below is highly recommended, you can also remove Snap.do yourself if you consider yourself an experienced computer user, because improper tampering with Windows registry may cause your computer to be inoperable.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Snap.do toolbar from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Snap.do virus.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Snap.do hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such infections in the future.
Manual Snap.do removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if are an experienced computer user.
To remove Snap.do from your computer manually, please follow these instructions:
Delete the following registry value to prevent Snap.do from starting up with Windows
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun "Browser Infrastructure Helper"
Delete the following folder:
Open Registry editor and delete the following registry key:
Edit the following registry values to get rid of any entries with Snap.do in their name:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Search Bar"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Search Page"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Start Page"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search "Default_Search_URL"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search "SearchAssistant"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl "Default"
Should you have any problems removing Snap.do, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.