What is Speed-Find?
Speed-Find is associated with speed-find.com website, which is a website that a browser hijacker sets as your home page and default search engine. Even if it may appear as a legitimate search engine, its’ behavior is considered harmful, because of the following reasons:
- It usually installs automatically without your consent and alters your browser’s settings so that speed-find.com would be set as your main page
- It may track your browsing habits (especially things that you search through speed-find.com website), and report to third party companies that use the data for advertising purposes
- It displays unwanted advertisements while you use your browser
- It does not completely remove itself from your system, even if you use its’ uninstaller app
Speed-Find hijacker can inject itself into Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers. We highly recommend that you get rid of this virus because your privacy may be at risk, not to mention a possibility of getting additional malicious applications installed in the future.
How to remove Speed-Find hijacker?
Automated Speed-Find removal instructions
The use of a certified antispyware application to get rid of Speed-Find is highly recommended, because the app will erase all associated files and registry entries from your PC, and fix your internet browser as well. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Speed-Find from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Speed-Find infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Speed-Find hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Speed-Find removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Speed-Find from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Speed-Find” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Speed-Find” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Speed-Find” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Speed-Find” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Speed-Find” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Speed-Find” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Speed-Find” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Speed-Find” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Speed-Find, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.