What is SplinterSearch.com?
SplinterSearch is a browser hijacker, usually installed silently along with various free software programs. Once on your computer, SplinterSearch targets your internet browser by modifying its settings, including home page and search engine. All of the searches done through SplinterSearch are redirected in a new window to SnapDo – yet another known hijacker.
It is very dangerous to leave hijackers like SplinterSearch running on your system, as your browsing habits may be exposed to some third party companies, that can later target you with advertisements or even worse – steal your personal information. We strongly recommend that you remove SplinterSearch as soon as possible.
How to remove SplinterSearch.com hijacker?
Automated SplinterSearch.com removal instructions
If you are an experienced computer user, you can get rid of the infection yourself by following our manual instructions down below in this page. However, we strongly recommend that you use a dedicated application for this matter, as it will detect all traces of SplinterSearch and any other malicious items that may reside in your computer. Our favorite application, SpyHunter, also has an active monitoring feature to prevent malware from executing and crippling your system.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate SplinterSearch.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect SplinterSearch.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove SplinterSearch.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual SplinterSearch.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete SplinterSearch.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “SplinterSearch.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “SplinterSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “SplinterSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “SplinterSearch.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “SplinterSearch.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “SplinterSearch.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “SplinterSearch.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “SplinterSearch.com” and remove them.
To make sure all traces of the infection are gone, we strongly recommend that you scan your computer with SpyHunter. The scan is completely free, however, to have all detected infections removed (if there are any), you’d have to purchase the license.
Should you have any problems removing SplinterSearch.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.