What is Sweet-Page.com?
Sweet-Page.com is a dangerous browser hijacker, even if its' design does not ring any bells. If you see Sweet-Page.com loaded automatically upon starting your internet browser, your computer is definitely infected.
The virus is commonly installed with various freeware applications, usually without your consent. Generally, the infection modifies your internet browser's home page and default search engine. All searches that you do online are redirected through Sweet-Page.com, which, in addition, will display unwanted advertisements among search results.
An immediate removal of Sweet-Page.com and its' traces is highly recommended, because the infection may steal your personal data as well as slow down your browser (and computer). Most popular internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, are affected by Sweet-Page.com infection.
How to remove Sweet-Page.com hijacker?
Automated Sweet-Page.com removal instructions
The best way to eliminate Sweet-Page.com from your computer is by using a special software for such malicious applications. SpyHunter is able to completely erase any traces of the infection and fix your browsers automatically, but you can also do so manually by following our instructions below.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Sweet-Page.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Sweet-Page.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Sweet-Page.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Sweet-Page.com removal instructions
Note: proceed with manual instructions only if you are an experienced computer user.
Please follow these instructions to delete Sweet-Page.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "sweet-page" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "sweet-page" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "sweet-page" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "sweet-page" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "Sweet-Page.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove all extensions that have "sweet-page" in the name by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "Sweet-Page.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "Sweet-Page" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Sweet-Page.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.