What is Trovi.com?
Trovi is considered to be a dangerous browser hijacker, which sets trovi.com or trovigo.com as your browser’s main page and search engine without your permission. What makes it dangerous is that this “add-on” is stuffed with advertisements which are displayed while you browse the web. Also, your browsing habits may be exposed to advertising companies to serve you with even more pop-ups with advertisements. Since it’s a browser extension, it adds some lag to your browser’s performance.
Trovi.com is typically bundled with various applications found online: video and audio converters, YouTube enhancers, PC optimizers, to name a few. Even if such apps may be totally legitimate and safe, their installers are bundled with hijackers like Trovi, which are installed by default. Once on your PC, the hijacker takes over your browser, be it Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Although it may have an uninstaller app in Windows Control Panel, additional steps must be done to completely erase this infection.
Do not wait until Trovi and the likes bring your PC down – get rid of this browser hijacker either by following our automated instructions involving a dedicated anti-spyware application, or manual instructions, if you know how to operate Windows Registry and understand the risks of erasing critical system files.
How to remove Trovi.com hijacker?
Automated Trovi.com removal instructions
The use of a certified antispyware application to get rid of Trovi.com is highly recommended, because the app will erase all associated files and registry entries from your PC, and fix your internet browser as well. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to eliminate Trovi.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Trovi.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Trovi.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Trovi.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser, resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Trovi.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Trovi.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Trovi.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Trovi.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Trovi.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Trovi.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Trovi.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Trovi.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Trovi.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Trovi.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.