What is WebsSearches.com?
If you see WebsSearches.com upon opening your web browser or conducting a search through your default search engine, you're most likely infected with WebsSearches.com. WebsSearches hijacks your internet browser by installing itself as an add-on (Internet Explorer) or an extension (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
What makes it an unwanted application is that it may track your searches as well as other browsing data and "feed" the information to advertising companies, what in the end returns as ads and pop-ups while you browse the web. Even if it may have an uninstall entry in Windows Control Panel, the extension or add-on may not be removed and your previous home page may not be restored.
WebsSearches usually gets installed into your PC along with various freeware or shareware applications found online. Basically the developers behind such apps monetize them by injecting into the installer some adware or browser components which are silently installed.
To prevent such infections from getting into your PC, always pay close attention to each step of the installation process of the app you are installing. At certain step you may notice that some third party application would be installed unless you un-check a checkbox. Also it is a good idea to have an antivirus and antispyware program actively monitoring your system, so even if an infection makes its' way into your system, you would be notified instantly, and aided with the information what steps should be done next to get rid of it.
How to remove WebsSearches.com hijacker?
Automated WebsSearches.com removal instructions
Automated removal is easiest and safest way to deal with WebsSearches.com hijacker. A dedicated app will take care of everything for you. On the other hand, you can fix your computer yourself by following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to completely eliminate WebsSearches.com from your computer, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect WebsSearches.com infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove WebsSearches.com hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual WebsSearches.com removal instructions
Note: manual instructions are meant for experienced computer users. Improper tampering with system files or registry entries may lead to system corruption.
Please follow these instructions to delete WebsSearches.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open "Programs and Features" (or "Add/Remove Programs"). Find all entries named "WebsSearches.com" and select "Uninstall".
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select "Tools -> Manage add-ons".
- Under "Toolbars and Extensions", right-click on an entry with "WebsSearches.com" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable".
- Under "Search Providers", right-click on an entry with "WebsSearches.com" in the name and select "Remove" or "Disable". Right-click on your preferred search engine and select "Set as default".
- In the menu, select "Tools -> Internet options". Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" and remove all extensions that have "WebsSearches.com" in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to "chrome://settings/startup" and remove "WebsSearches.com" from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "about:addons", select "Extensions" on the left, and remove an extension called "WebsSearches.com" by clicking "Remove" button.
- Go to "about:preferences", select "General" and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete "WebsSearches.com" folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing "WebsSearches.com" and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing WebsSearches.com, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.