What is MyStartSearch.com?
MyStartSearch belongs to a family of browser hijackers, known to modify your browser without your consent and display additional unwanted advertisements while browsing the web. MyStartSearch is usually bundled with popular freeware or shareware applications. Although not a virus itself, MyStartSearch may show advertisements leading to malicious applications or sites with a malicious intent. Also, all searches that you perform through browser’s address bar or the search bar will be redirected through MyStartSearch.com, which may track your search queries to better personalize advertisement content.
MyStartSearch works on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Although it may have an uninstaller entry in Windows Control Panel, additional measures must be taken in order to completely remove the hijacker.
How to remove MyStartSearch.com browser hijacker?
Automated MyStartSearch.com removal instructions
We highly recommend that you use a certified anti-spyware application to completely erase all traces of this infection. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you can try following our manual guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from MyStartSearch.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect MyStartSearch.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove MyStartSearch.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual MyStartSearch.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete MyStartSearch.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “MyStartSearch.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “MyStartSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “MyStartSearch.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “MyStartSearch.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “MyStartSearch.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “MyStartSearch.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “MyStartSearch.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “MyStartSearch.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing MyStartSearch.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.